Wednesday, July 2, 2014

A Little Race

On Saturday, Drew ran in the Tesoro March Point Run in Anacortes. He ran the 10k and finished at about 50 minutes! He had a tough training week, just decided to run the race last minute, and planned to take it easy. He was pleased that he'd run it at an 8-minute pace, finishing in 50 minutes, and placing 4th in his age group. El and I had fun cheering for him one mile from the finish and then hurrying across a field to cheer him into the finish. We all enjoyed hot dogs and then won a cooler in the raffle. It was a fun way to spend a Saturday morning.

Then he surprised me by painting our bathroom, starting while El napped and I swam! What a guy!

I swam later than usual this morning and left El at day care. The water aerobics class kicked me out of the pool 10 minutes before their class started. Turns out the clock is horribly slow in there. At least I just had my cool down left.

I'm leading discussion on Lianne Moriarty's What Alice Forgot at book club tonight. I don't think the questions at the end of the book are very good, so I guess I have to make up my own. Effort.

That's all for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment