Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Have You Ever Been So Excited To Exercise That You Couldn't Sleep?

I experienced such a thing last night. I was so tired and fell asleep right away. El woke up in the night and after I wrapped her back up and gave her a binky, I couldn't fall asleep again. I was disappointed that it was only 1:30 because I was so excited for the 5:45 a.m. spin class. Sad, I know.

The class was great except I forgot a towel to wipe my sweat off with and the microphone wasn't working so it was hard to hear the instructor. Other than that, I had a great workout.

Since spin this morning, I've been thinking about running. I push myself in spin but I seem to balk at pushing myself so hard when I run. Maybe I'm afraid of killing myself when I still have to get home.  This has inspired me to push myself a little harder in my runs, especially in terms of pace. Yes, I have been pushing my pace lately but I think I could do more.

I'm hoping to hit up the 4:30 yoga class tonight (before my week trial ends) if Drew gets home in a timely manner. Hopefully he will, seeing as the camera he just ordered and has been bouncing off the walls over for the past week just arrived. I think he'll try to get home as soon as possible.

Today's workout
Spin, 45:00, 17.5 miles

What is the weirdest thing you have been so excited for that you couldn't sleep?

Do other workouts inspire you to do better in your main sport?

No comments:

Post a Comment