Monday, April 14, 2014

Handel's "Messiah" Performance, Mormon Tabernacle Choir

I am really excited about an upcoming broadcast. Usually, I'm OK excited about religious broadcasts, and being LDS, it seems there are a lot of them. But for some reason, I always make time for music broadcasts. Probably because I love music and I love the Mormon Tabernacle Choir and Orchestra at Temple Square!

On Good Friday and Saturday, the Choir and Orchestra will perform Handel's Messiah. Although usually thought of during Christmastime, the oratorio was originally composed for Easter. You can watch it live at 7:30 p.m. Mountain/6:30 p.m. Pacific through streaming at mormontabernaclechoir.org/messiah. If you miss the live stream, you can watch it later on demand at the choir's website or on youtube. You won't want to miss an amazing and moving musical masterpiece sung by a talented, blow-you-away choir.




Here's a great article about Handel and the Messiah, if you want to learn more!

Here is an article about the libretto (text of the composition) and its Easter themes.

Let me know if you watch or listen to this great musical event!

No comments:

Post a Comment