Monday, December 16, 2013

Slogging through Mud

El decided it was time to play at 3:00 a.m. That is not playtime. That is also something she has never done before. After an hour and a half, Drew finally got her to sleep. I did not make it to the gym at 5. I got up at 7:30 and cleaned the bird cage. Everyone else got up at 8.

Fortunately, it is a warm day and not raining, so I took El out for a run in the stroller. I was tired and haven't run with the stroller for a while, so it was a pretty tough 3 miles.

I did not want to go to choir practice yesterday but I did anyway. I just felt so blah about them. I do not really love or feel excited about any of the songs. My favorite is probably, "Shepherd Leave Thy Sheep," a song I had never heard before. It is simple and sweet. I do not like the song I am conducting, "It Came Upon the Midnight Clear." I would not have picked it had it been up to me. It is set to the tune of "Let Zion In Her Beauty Rise," a perfectly fine song. I do not like them together and I think the piece is too difficult for our choir given the number of pieces we are learning. So choir has been blah but I keep going to support Shannon, our director who is going out of town (which is why choir members are conducting the pieces). Anyway, singing feels like slogging through the mud lately.

I cloth diaper El and the zipper on the wet bag just broke so now I'm using disposables until I get a new diaper pail and reusable liner. It makes me feel so wasteful.

At least I ran today, right? That always gives me some extra pep in my step.

Tomorrow I will have a free personal training session at Vision Quest. It is also my last day of the free trial. The free monthly personal training is the thing most intriguing to me about this gym. I will let you know how it goes!

Today's workout
3 mile run, 33:36, 11:09 pace
Core

Have you ever worked with a personal trainer before? What was your favorite thing about that? What should I pay attention to?

Do you feel blah or do you feel amazing today?

Ever considered cloth diapers?
I really like them. They are not as bad as you fear!

No comments:

Post a Comment