Monday, December 2, 2013

Trans Siberian Orchestra Concert, Nov. 2013

We went to the Trans Siberian Orchestra (TSO) concert on Saturday night. Drew and I were on a date, and Shannon joined us. Sad day, Brady was under the weather. He would have loved it.

I am not much of a rocker and my rock concerts have pretty much just consisted of a Hootie and the Blowfish concert when I was 15 and Ryan Shupe and the Rubber Band concerts at concert. Love Ryan Shupe. I wasn't familiar with Hootie and kept wondering why it smelled so funny there.

Like I said before, we won tickets from a friend's raffle. Our seats were in a suite! I have never been in a suite, it was so sweet. The best part was that we had our own personal toilet. Here is the order of awesome things about being in a suite.
  1. Personal toilet
  2. Having water to drink the whole time.
  3. Having a place to set your food and water on in front of you.
  4. Feeling like a queen and referring to all the other people as "the peasants" for the whole night.
  5. Comfy seats.
  6. Being with 16 people you know because everyone from your ward won tickets.
  7. Parking right across the street for FREE!
As you can tell, being in the suite was pretty cool.

The concert was fun, too. I wasn't sure what to expect as I was only family with TSO's Christmas songs. They played some Christmas songs, then had a Christmas story/music thing, played more Christmas songs, and then played other songs.

Drew and I are so dumb at rock and roll. The lead guitarist said that his best friend Paul was there and he got the group together. Everyone was screaming. We were like, "YAY!" but didn't know why everyone was freaking out. And then later on the drive home when we talked with Shannon did we realize that it was Paul McCartney! ooooff! So that was pretty cool in retrospect.

The lights were amazing, it was really loud and I did put in earplugs, the music was great and fun. I really am not much of a rocker, but we had a great time. I am glad we won the tickets and I think we should go to more rock concerts in the future. As long as we balance those with symphonies because that is what I love.

Today's Workout
core
strength training, 20 minutes
row, 0.5 miles on the schedule

What has been your favorite non-symphonic concert?
Sorry TSO, Ryan Shupe and the Rubber Band always will have my heart. They are awesome entertainers and I love to sing along with them.

Have you ever been in a suite?

How was your workout?

No comments:

Post a Comment