Saturday, November 30, 2013

Self Conscious on Black Friday

Did you go black Friday shopping? I only went to the Brooks Outlet at 10:00 a.m. and then bummed around with our friends all afternoon. I had high hopes of snagging some shoes at a crazy price, but I wanted to be fitted for a site and the workers were running around dealing with the insanity. I should have gotten one of their infinity bras to try out, but didn't see my size right away.

I think my reluctance to browse and take my time to find what I want when things are busy is because I am feel silly because I am larger than most other runners, plus I have wide feet. Digging through the smalls and 32" bra bands to find my size when things are crowded just makes me feel self conscious.

I'm also self conscious about my poor card shuffling skills, as we learned playing games with Daniel yesterday.

Today is Shop Local Saturday,  and the only local store I went to was a delicious Mediterranean Cafe for really good Gyros. Besides that,  we went to Hong Lobby,  Trader Joe's, Winco, Costco, and Fred Meyer. I kind of lost at shopping local. Even though those places were crowded, I knew exactly what I wanted there and want self conscious. Alas.

I didn't workout yesterday and continued my laziness by not running today.  Drew ran and it was bad and had haunted him all day. We walked to Freddy's in the dark and then I was like, "I'm ready to go now! " so then I did a quick kickboxing DVD. And I'm feeling much better.

You know that "inspirational" quote that says "nothing tastes as good as skinny feels" and then Jennifer Lawrence says, "I can think of a lot of things that taste better. " in that same vein, lazy does not feel better than active.

Today's Workout
Core
Kickboxing 20 minutes


Have you seen Catching Fire yet?
No. I have not

Did you go Black Friday shopping?  Did you shop local?  Are you planning on anything on Cyber Monday? Did you get any awesome movies? 
Free cookbook from Costco woot woot!

What are you self conscious about? 

No comments:

Post a Comment